Book your service
A car’s exhaust system is one of its most significant and complex parts. A lot of parts work in tandem to ensure that the exhaust mechanism is working correctly. At times, however, exhaust issues crop up, and there are specific symptoms which give it away. Exhaust repair Willenhall, for example, is not a DIY-friendly one; it requires professional intervention.
That is where our facility- Premier Tyres Plus- comes in. We offer exhaust repair and replacements. Note that most exhaust issues are not repairable; they need outright replacements. Thus, we also store OE-grade spares.
Identifying exhaust problems
An exhaust system is mostly hidden from view, something that prevents a firm diagnosis of the issues. However, there are certain things to look out for.
- Too much engine noise: An amount of engine noise is inevitable unless you drive an electric car. However, too much noise is indicative of exhaust problems. One of the prime culprits behind the rise in noise is a malfunctioning manifold gasket. The sound assumes even greater proportions when you try to accelerate or have just had a cold start.
- Decreased acceleration: It is a trademark symptom of exhaust issues. It mainly signifies that there has been a leak somewhere in the exhaust manifold. The engine keeps losing power, and acceleration efforts fall flat.
- Dip in fuel economy: One of the most identifiable issues is a dip in mileage. The engine needs to burn through more fuel to generate the same amount of HP and torque. It also means that you cannot waste time but visit our facility- the best exhaust repair garage in Willenhall.
- A smell of gas inside the passenger cabin: If there is a lingering smell of unburnt gas inside the passenger cabin, it indicates that there is a serious exhaust problem. At times, certain tubes or other parts of an exhaust get damaged and some fuel leaks happen. At times, the leakage might be detected inside the car. It leads to panic and is dangerous on roads.
- Burning smell from engine bay: A failing exhaust system may also emit a burning smell from the engine bay. Some plastic parts may also melt in the excess heat that a faulty exhaust system fails to retain. In case you are unsure of how to proceed, visit our exhaust repair in Willenhall.
If you believe that your car’s exhaust system is acting up, visit our facility- Premier Tyres Plus. We have a lot of experience as the best exhaust service garage in Willenhall. Visit our facility for more details.